My Blog List

Sunday 18 May 2014

Hobsonville Point Secondary School

 

I was lucky enough to visit Hobsonville Point Secondary School and have a look at their brand new facilities.  Whilst incredibly impressive, what was equally great was the future focus on innovative teaching and learning. 

Here are some photos from my tour during the BYOD Conference held there this year.



 Great locker bays for students.  Including charging docks for BYO devices - bring your own lock and take off when finished.





Lots of glass - sunshine and 'big picture' perspectives for students out the windows!  Allowed (even encouraged?!) to dream.




Huge new gymnasium.





Seating choices galore.  Interestingly, I'm pretty sure Principal Maurie Abraham told us that staff didn't have any input into furniture choice.  The contractors did well!





The staffroom space, which leads down into the open cafeteria area for all.





I love the airy hall that connects all spaces.  And I love the unconventional lights zig-zagging down the line of the building.




One of the great things about so much glass is the potential to use it as brainstorming space.







No comments:

Post a Comment