My Blog List

Sunday 18 May 2014

Teachers are like gardeners and Twitter


I've been spending a bit of time on Twitter lately, which is a new thing for me.  Thanks to roller derby, Facebook is probably my 'go-to' social media, but I have a love/hate relationship with that.  What I like about Twitter is the ability to be sent in other interesting directions, without having to 'hear' too much from the 'tweeter' (!)  Just now an educator I'm 'following' re-tweeted the above video - short but sweet and inspiring.

I've also been interested in the '#hackyrclass' (or hack your classroom') revolution that has inspired teachers recently.  Claire Amos at Hobsonville Point Secondary School came up with the idea.

Claire's amazing blog is here.

Claire is an inspiring educator.  You only need look over her blog to see how much she cares about the state of education in New Zealand.  Here is her talking about 'Realising the future of education'.

Claire Amos: Realising the Future of New Zealand Education from Festival of Education on Vimeo.

And here are the slides that accompany this presentation.



No comments:

Post a Comment