My Blog List

Sunday 18 May 2014

Welcome to my world!


Welcome to my blog.  I'm moving some of my posts from a private G-site at the school I work at to this, a more public (and, I feel at least!) user-friendly reflective tool for my teaching practice.  I'm a teacher in Dunedin, New Zealand, at a co-ed secondary school.  I want to use this blog to play with ideas and remind myself that teaching is inherently creative.  I believe that the way we are educating our young people is mostly based on an outdated model of education that is, thankfully, starting to be questioned nationally and internationally.

To start with, here are some clips that offer me inspiration. Ken Robinson has some words to share on education, creativity and revolution, and Stephen Fry discusses language.




No comments:

Post a Comment